Crewniverse Logo

Fresh copies of Skyblock and Minigames are up.

Discussion in 'Crewniverse Rules, News & Announcements' started by Jadems, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Jadems

Jadems Crewniverse Developer Staff Member Administrator

Hi,

As I mentioned in this thread I've set up a new server currently located on totallylegit.org which is running fresh copies or Skyblock and Minigames. All old islands/balances are gone and the minigames leaderboards have been cleared. There are no donor ranks (nor will there be) and everyone has permissions similar to what a Sith or Jedi used to have.

I just finished getting Minigames running, so I figured I'd make another post to let people know the initial setup is done. I've made a few other tweaks here and there. Twice the mobs are now allowed in a chunk on Skyblock, all players have the same kits available, and all of the classes in OITC are now free. I'll be tweaking the prices in Skyblock to make farming more lucrative in the next few days. All bans/mutes have been erased. As for new features/servers and bug fixes, I'm just playing it by ear based on what the players tell me.

You're all invited to come give this server thing a shot with me, hope to see you there.

-Jade
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
    flora rora, Eragon, Divinity and 7 others like this.
  2. Ryan

Ryan Ryabenzel ❤ Legendary Member

Thanks for doing this Jade, I'm enjoying it already :)
    Hope it continues to grow, and a lot of people enjoy it too

<3
  3. Sirenfal

Sirenfal Senior Administrator Staff Member Administrator

To be clear, this has been explicitly cleared by the Crew and me. Enjoy guys.
  4. kdthewiz

kdthewiz RIP Razer Kdthewiz ╾━╤デ╦︻ Well-Known Member

Probably the earliest I've commented on an announcement post.
    ;)
    But 4 realz I have good faith in this server(y)
  5. swayzel

swayzel Bad Grandpa of Ryab and Towel <3 Legendary Member

How should people direct feedback to you? Public thread here/voxel or through PMs?
    TheGoldenJustice likes this.
  6. Zahar

Zahar Totally Legit Owner Well-Known Member

Why did he need the Crew's permission to launch his own server?
  7. swayzel

Probably because he is advertising it's release on their forums and the coding he did belonged to this server.
  8. hellrazerangel_1

hellrazerangel_1 Mento Is Love...Mento Is Life Well-Known Member

Are you going to make factions on your server? Like are you going to use the same coding that you made or have considered with the factions revamp that was supposed to happen on crewniverse? In my opinion i think alot of people would play it if you acually do make a factions server.
    @Jadems
  9. swayzel

I have a feeling that Siren and Jade are going to "steal" a lot of crewniverse's playerbase.
  10. hellrazerangel_1

What do you mean steal
  11. swayzel

That's why it's in inverted commas, you can't steal something someone doesn't have!
  12. hellrazerangel_1

O
  13. Zahar

His work is his work. The server doesn't own something they didn't make.
  14. swayzel

Depends on the wording of his contract I guess in terms of intellectual property.
  15. Zahar

Right but I doubt they would claim ownership of his work after bankruptcy and closing their server. Plus what retard dev would word a contract in a way that would terminate all ownership of his to his own work?
    swayzel likes this.
  16. Mzz

Mzz Ex In-Game Mod Legendary Member

Nice work. :)
  17. Jerrinho

Jerrinho Selling Minecraft Alt for Steam Cash/CS:GO items Legendary Member

Your understanding of the law is extremely mediocre. If you hire someone to do your IT, any and all work he does specifically for your company belongs to your company. If you tell him to develop a program and he specifically gets paid for it, then obviously you own that program. If Jade had developed a Skyblock server in his free-time just for shits and giggles and the Crew had paid to use the coding, that would be a different thing.
  18. Zahar

Again your perception of me is mediocre. I'm Russian you dumb shit. My signature isn't for fucking shits and giggles. I'm not knowledgeable of retarded American laws and I really don't want to be. All your laws are fucking stupid.

Even following your logic his work would still be his. Jade and Sirenfal were working here on their free time. Siren even said they were working way over the amount they were being paid for so they basically developed it on their free time. And like I said how could a bankrupt company claim ownership of it? Their server doesn't even exist anymore so they have no claim of nothing now relating to minecraft.
  19. LightSyde

LightSyde Experienced Member Legendary Member

I thought I was actually going to have to get a life. Thank god for this new server. Now I can avoid all outside contact for an extended period of time.
    WaterGunz, Vick, jlonso and 5 others like this.
  20. Sirenfal

Sirenfal Senior Administrator Staff Member Administrator

His work belongs to Crewniverse. Welcome to the real world: if you work for a business the things you make for the business while the business pays you for the work belongs to the business. Even under bankruptcy the assets don't just "poof".

The Crew gave him permission to take ownership of the things he made for them. I didn't actually give him anything because the Crew owns my work as well, I just mentioned it to be clear to the community that this has all been done on the level without any bad intentions by anyone.

We were paid while we worked here, and even though the payment probably wasn't fair for the work we were doing we still agreed to do it. In that case your options are either work (and release control of your work to the company) or quit. We agreed to do the work we did because we like the Crew and we knew they were paying us what they could afford to pay us.

Please keep the angry epithets to a minimum, this doesn't need to be any more than a civil discussion.
    Xaeroe, Jerrinho, Zahar and 1 other person like this.